Motto;

Sentiam Christi in vita meam

Saturday 31 December 2011

GOOD FRIDAY MEDITATION

Good Friday 10th April 2009, meditation at Santuario Monasterio di Montevergive Mercogliano by Rev Fr Paul Ikechukwu Ogujoffor.
The day is still and tranquil,
Nature is at its most calm condition,
No noise is heard,
The weather is brightened by the chilled sun.
God-man is symbolically at Gethsemane,
Jesus is experiencing the naive quietude of man’s concept,
Though his nature was Divine,
He accepted human nature to uplift and up-grade the son-ship of man.
Human nature abhors stillness,
Man by nature is an enemy to calmness,
Human beings are in constant turmoil,
This is so because we are in warfare with the creator of serenity.
The mystery of Good Friday is a form of contradiction to man’s likings,
Man prefers freedom in his search to be engaged,
This engagement which suppose to be Christological,
Are thwarted by immorality and deliberate cum conscious spiritual debasement.
Lord Jesus, as you hang on the cross for me,
Look not on my selfish desires and ambitions,
My thoughts are full of distracted imaginations,
Permit me to share in your divine silence.
O Lord, your death is LOVE for me,
Yet, I abhor this divine gesture by my sins,
I am in continuous dislike and abhorrence of your love to me,
May I understand that love, so that I may be saved.
O Lord, by my sins I continue to renew your wounds,
The blood and water from your sides are the great signs of my salvation,
Yet each time I deliberately contaminate them with my stupidity in sin,
Yet, what is my being that you care for always?
By your mystery Lord, you raised me to the highest point as a human,
Lord, you allowed me to be configured in your priesthood,
You drew me to yourself as to share in your power of creation,
This power of creation, I, mere and wretched creature exercises in my priestly duties daily in the church.
O Lord, for the many times I have shared in your sacramental creation unworthily, pardon me of my insensibility,
For the uncountable scandals which I have committed consciously or unconsciously , Lord erase completely the idea from the hearts and heads of those involved, for their sincere love and respect of your priesthood,
For the sacrileges which I have plundered myself into, Lord Jesus make me innocent and pure once again,
For many vocations to the priesthood and religious life which I have failed to nurture or encourage consciously or unconsciously by my indifference, O Eternal high priest pardon me and call them back to your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment