Motto;

Sentiam Christi in vita meam

Sunday 5 August 2012

11TH ANNIVERSARY

MY (REV FR PAUL IKECHUKWU OGUJIOFFOR) 11TH PRIESTLY ORDINATION ANNIVERSARY ON SATURDAY AUGUST 7, 2010 AT SANTUARIO MADONNA DI CANNETO SETTEFRATI (FR) DIOCESI DI SORA-AQUINO-PONTECORVO ITALIA

     Since my sojourn and study leave in Italy in September 8, 2007, I have had the opportunity of celebrating my priestly ordination anniversary in different places.

i)                    Thursday August 7, 2008 was at Bordighera, Diocesi di Ventimiglia.

ii)                  Friday August 7, 2009 was at San Tommaso Apostolo Case-Manzano, Arcidiocesi di Udine. Here the family of SIGNOR LORENZO BATTISTUTA and SIGNORA VALERIA BONUTTI with their daughters IRENE BATTISTUTTA and FRANCESCA BATTISTUTA showed me love and charity like the biblical MARTHA and LYDIA by their family organizing a party after the celebration of my anniversary Mass at their Church. Oh God continue to bless them for me.

iii)                Saturday August 7, 2010 was at Santuario Madonna di Canneto Settefrati (FR) 8.30 and Insigne Collegiata San Simeone Profeta Alvito (FR) 18.30 both in the Diocesi di Sora-Aquino-Pontecorvo

     The life of a priest is that which ought to be in continuous struggle towards holiness in its totality as to stand the test of time and be able to carry along others towards God and himself as well. This is because he is not his own, hence there is nothing about him which strictly speaking is private or personal as he may think. Ipso facto, a priest is actually a mirror for others and himself, a moving sign-post which show others the way and at the same time directs, guides, leads and move along with them at the same time to the same destination that is Eternal life in heaven.

     All things being equal, have I being faithful to the promises which I made to God before Christ’s faithful on Saturday August 7, 1999 at Holy Cross Parish Uturu Okigwe Diocese when I was ordained a Catholic priest by the then Bishop of Okigwe, Most Rev Dr Anthony Ekezie Ilonu (Bishop Emeritus of Okigwe). I remember with joy the mercy of God on me that very day before the beginning of ordination Mass, how Christ in the person of Very Rev Fr Gregory Ohagwu, washed me clean from my sins through the power of absolution after my Sacramental Confession at the Fathers’ House Chapel. Ad Mayorem Gloriam Dei. Oh God what is I, a wretched sinner, that you have shown me this rare opportunity and privilege of being your priest? Therefore, how have I repay the Lord for his goodness to me?

     1) All these years, how faithful, conscientious, conscious and serious have I been in the vineyard of God?

     2) The resolutions I make every year how often do I remember to put them in action?

     3) When my life is viewed with a high infra-ray spiritual parameter, do I think that people will still have faith in whatever I say or do most especially in my priestly services?

     4) How far have I been a mirror to others consciously or unconsciously?

     5) Are the engraved words on my priestly life as a sign-post still clear for people to read or are they blurred that people strain their eyes trying to read a word from it?

     6) How often have I taken the opportunity of redirecting others to my own selfish interest instead of directing them to Christ?

     7) In leading others have I made it a point of duty to move along with them towards holiness of life, knowing fully well that we are all Christians?

     8) How often have I think, discuss or acted immorally publically or privately?

     9) How often do I go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation, knowing that I ought to be in a state of grace before celebrating the Holy Mass?

     10) Within these years how many times have I plunged myself into sacrilegious acts consciously or unconsciously?

     11) Can I sincerely give my spiritual cum moral life a credit vis-à-vis the priesthood of Christ which I am privileged to be servant in the Lord’s vineyard?

     Oh Lord Jesus, Eternal and High Priest, you know me right from my mother’s womb that I am not worthy, yet you allowed me to the Catholic Sacred priesthood, forgive my insensibilities, insensitivities, irresponsibility, scandals, insincerities, sacrileges, forgetfulness, omissions, deceits, and all forms of sins which I have deliberately, consciously and conscientiously plunged myself into these years in your vineyard. Oh our Blessed Mother Mary, intercede for me and cover me with your mantle of chastity always; That people may see Christ in me (Sentiam Christum in vita meam). Amen. 

     I received SMS messages from some people regarding my anniversary:

i) Famiglia di Battistuta: Ciao don Paul..un anno fa celebravi assieme a noi l’anniversario della tua ordinazione. Tanti auguri per la ta vita sacerdotale. Buona giornata. ENZO, VALERIA, IRENE e FRANCESCA. 7-Aug-2010, 10:26:20

ii) VALERIA MARIANTONIETTA DE MICHELI: Auguri per I ordinazione! Spero che tu sia in festa. Un abbraccio, Valeria. 7-Aug-2010, 15:27:57

     Oh God, I thank you for this singular privilege of allowing me celebrate in full this 11th priestly ordination anniversary exercising my priestly function, by celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation to Christ’s faithful today at the Santuario Madonna di Canneto and at San Gerardo Confessore Gallinaro also.

     My 11th priestly ordination anniversary is unique in the sense because every thing surrounding the ordination is the same liturgically; Saturday August 7 same day and date, same liturgical week and same readings. On Monday August 9, 2010 Oh God you gave me the opportunity of officiating in the Sacrament of Marriage between TREVOR JOHN STOKE and AIMEE MARIA DALESSANDRO at San Gerardo Confessore Gallinaro (FR) DIOCESI DI SORA-AQUINO-PONTECORVO ITALIA, may you continue to strengthen this newly wedded family always.

No comments:

Post a Comment