Motto;

Sentiam Christi in vita meam

Saturday 7 December 2013


Onwuka Stanislaus said A girl mistakenly sent a text meant for her boyfriend to her dad saying: Sweetheart I don't want to abort this pregnancy because I might damage my womb, don't forget this would be the 10th pregnancy I will be aborting for you. But don't worry, i'm preparing my parents food, I will poison them both so we can acquire their property for ourselves. I love you dear! What will You do if You were her DAD?. Ajuju na aziza! Wednesday 14/11/2012

 

Response: What will You do if You were her DAD?. Ajuju na aziza! By OGUN IKECHUKWU

Jesus said: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again He stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they that heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the eldest, until the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in front of him. When Jesus lifted up his face, and saw none except the woman, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Have no man condemned you? She said, No my Lord. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. John 8:2-11.

The Mercy of God is greater than anything that we may think of. Nobody is congratulating the girl for her waywardness or for her evil intention, which in real life may happen if nothing is done to prevent that. Secondly, we should not lose sight of the root cause. Do not hold back from correcting a youth, the rod will not kill him or her. With several strokes, you save him or her from death. Prov.23: 13-14. The death here is holistic and integral. These strokes may come in different forms, through good example as a parent or guardian, through advice and avoidance of liberalism, for the Word of God said: The man who loves his child makes use of the rod; later on he will be proud of him or her.[…] Do not let him or her be independent as a child, but rather bruise his or her ribs while he is still young, less he grow stubborn and refuse to obey. Be strict with your child and persevere in this, so as not to suffer because of his misconduct. Sirach 30:1-13. Strictness is a sine qua non for child up-bringing. That is why the Holy Scripture continued to say: Have you children? Educate them and teach them to obey from their childhood. Have you any daughters? Guard their virginity and do not be indulgent towards them. Sirach 7: 23-24. If there is no guidance, the result is always shameful hence, Guard against the provocative woman and do not be surprised if she wished to drag you into disgrace. She opens her mouth like a thirsty traveler to drink any water coming her way; she sits by pole and opens her quiver or lap to every arrow or man. Sirach 26: 11-12. The result of this brings about the Stanislaus’ story of: A girl mistakenly sent a text meant for her boyfriend to her dad saying: Sweetheart I don't want to abort this pregnancy because I might damage my womb, don't forget this would be the 10th pregnancy I will be aborting for you. But don't worry, i'm preparing my parents food, I will poison them both so we can acquire their property for ourselves. I love you dear! What will You do if You were her DAD?. Ajuju na aziza!  The girl should not be killed or condemned by her father. The father will thank God for making him realize and as well notice his mistakes and that of his daughter, of not being careful and dutiful as a father more especially in the spiritual and moral life of his child. He should as a matter of fact show the daughter the text as to have a base in condemning her intention and actions in the past and not to condemn her as a person. Tell her that he still loves her with his whole heart so that he may win her heart. This ought to be done as both of them look at the poisoned food on the table, in this way the derailed soul may come back to her right senses and recognizing the Mercy of God and the future damage she might have done to herself and to be corrected. A good father will not forget to recommend her immediately for the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession). By this way the girl will consciously and conscientiously pray the Psalm: Have mercy on me O God, in your love. In your great compassion blot out my sin. Wash me thoroughly of my guilt; cleanse me of evil. For acknowledge my wrongdoings and have my sins in mind. Against you alone have I sinned; what is evil in your sight I have done. You are right when you give judgment. For I have been guilt-ridden from birth, a sinner from my mother’s womb. I know you desire truth in the heart, teach me wisdom in my inmost being. Cleanse me with hyssop and I shall be clean, wash me, I shall be whiter than snow. Ps.51: 3-9. We ought to careful when we make friends for friendship is something with integrity. WHAT IS FRIENDSHIP? Friendship in the real sense of it is a way towards sacrificing your time, talent, energy and the whole self for the goal and happiness of others. The happiness here does not in any way imply promiscuity, hence the word friendship implies:

F – FOCUSING your mind towards making others happy.

R – REACHING to others as to make them feel well always.

I – INSISTING on the things that glorifies God in your relationship with friends.

E – ENDURING things on behalf of others.

N – NEVER to give the devil opportunity between your relationships. cfr.1Peter 5:8-9.

D – DOING everything to bring nearer your friends to God.

S – SHAPING your personality from the virtues of your friends and they in return increasing their virtues from yours.

H – HOLINESS of life is a key to true friendship.

I – INSTRUCT your friends well whenever they err.

P – PUT all efforts to help you grow positively for the sake of knowing others.

God bless you all, as we pray together for each other and correct each as well with sincere and divine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment