Motto;

Sentiam Christi in vita meam

Saturday 25 May 2013

THE GIFT OF PRIESTHOOD TO AN UNWORHTY SERVANT PAUL IKECHUKWU OGUJIOFFOR- HOLY THURSDAY REFLECTION 28-03-2013


THE GIFT OF PRIESTHOOD TO AN UNWORHTY SERVANT PAUL IKECHUKWU OGUJIOFFOR- HOLY THURSDAY REFLECTION 28-03-2013

On this day Holy Thursday I remember with joy the greatest and highest gift which the Lord gave to me. This is a special day for me, a memorial day for the institution of the priesthood which Christ gave as a mystery of His memorable continuity of salvation to humanity and the world in general. The liturgical celebrations which started with the Liturgy of the Hours, then the Chrism Mass which I concelebrated with Giuseppe Cardinale Bertoni at Duomo Santa Maria di Fiori Firenze and culminated with the Celebration of Last Supper at Parrocchia SS. Quirico e Giulitta Capalle-Firenze, all make me terrify and put before me with deep thought of my nothingness and unworthiness as a minister of this mysterious Sacrament. What am I Lord that You found me worthy and fit to touch always and more so represent You in your Victim-Love, Oblation-Love, Sacrificial-Love, Compassion-Love, Healing-Love, Nourishing-Love and Incarnate-Love, in this Sacrament of your God-Man Presence? In this mysterious celebration which I share and participate in celebrating though unworthy as I am, your Presence is incarnated in the words and actions, hence I am beclouded in your Divinity and found myself very sinful cooperating within your operation and epiphany in the nature which is your Ipsum Esse Christus Sacerdos in Aeternum. The mystery of the priesthood which is inseparable with the Holy Eucharist is properly Divine-Love manifestation which I celebrate in Christ, with Christ and for Christ under the maternal care and direction of the Church, introduce silence in me and brings deep shame to me when I see the saintly faithful people who are better than me coming for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Oh Lord you are the Person that forgives, please pardon me for the many times which I have celebrated this Sacrament of Love with insensitivity and insensibility. Very many times I have abandoned you in the Most Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle forgetting my priestly function without giving you respect, Oh Lord Jesus have mercy on me. Your immeasurable love have been trampled by me and scandalize very many, please forgive me, that the privilege you granted me as a priest may be enjoyed in a most fruitful way by your faithful followers whom I serve. Washing the Apostles’ feet, you preached, taught and lived concretely your mission on earth as a slave to your creatures because of your Divine kenosis. How often do I sincerely and humbly show the Divine kenosis to people who I was ordained for? Lord give me  your spirit that I may always find joy in serving rather than to be served.

 Written while at PARROCCHIA SS. QUIRICO E GIULITTA CAPALLE ARCDIOCESI DI FIRENZE

No comments:

Post a Comment