Motto;

Sentiam Christi in vita meam

Saturday 25 May 2013

IF YOU, O LORD SHOULD MARK INIQUITIES, LORD WHO COULD STAND? PS.130:3 GOOD FRIDAY REFLECTION 29-03.2013


IF YOU, O LORD SHOULD MARK INIQUITIES, LORD WHO COULD STAND? PS.130:3 GOOD FRIDAY REFLECTION 29-03.2013 PAUL IKECHUKWU OGUJIOFFOR REV FR

Our friendship with God is a sonship relationship which we ought to manifest or show to others in relating with them. The meeting of others in our daily existence ought to be embedded with a high spiritual undertone. If this is certified very many things or mistakes which we may fall into possibly will be neglected or overlook by Him who was crucified for us on the cross for our salvation. The death of Life and Love on the cross on Good Friday calls for deep silence. Indeed silence has beclouded the earth and the divine tranquility has whistled like a breeze of Mount Horeb; soon the drama of Gethsemane, liturgically resound on and from the cross the Words of Spiritual attention: Father forgive them for they know not what are they are doing Lk. 23: 34; Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani? My God , My God, why have you forsaken me? Matt. 27: 46; Mk. 15: 34; Truly I said unto you today you will be with me in Paradise Lk. 23: 43; Woman behold your son Jn. 19: 26; Behold your mother Jn. 19: 27; I am thirsty Jn. 19: 28; It is finished Jn. 19: 30; Father into your hands I commend my spirit Lk. 23: 46. Therefore, the Lord’s commendation of his spirit to the Eternal Father brought about the earthquake and the curtain tearing from top to bottom. Like Peter exclaimed with surprise at the epiphany of Transfiguration, today because of the divine character of epiphany in his death, the centurion exclaimed too: Indeed, this man is the Son of God Mk. 15: 39. Like Peter let us always with respect said: Depart from me Lord for I am a sinful man Lk. 5: 8, but yet as well said: Heal my soul for I have sinned against you Ps. 41: 5. In silence, Christ taught us that the liturgy of our life and existence speaks loud and overtly too for sincere repentance. Oh Lord may I always remain silent before you in your house so that my soul and heart may meditate profoundly of your goodness to me. In this silence death meets with the darkness as to have life as the Giver of life, who hung on the cross to break our relationship with the devil and bless with compassion and salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment